I am an Account Manager and have received a proof from the Publisher (Designer). What do I do next?
This article is intended to assist the client Account Manager in how to send a proof onto the client for review, or Reject the proof and send it back to the designer for further work.
What is an Account Manager?
The Account Manager is a person who’s role sits between the Publisher (the designer) and the Collaborator (the client). The Account Manager is the person who takes over responsibility and sends proofs across to clients.
If you are an Account Manager and you have been sent a proof from a GoProof Publisher User (Designer), you will have received an email from the GoProof system requesting that you action the proof. Either send it on to your client to review or reject the proof, sending it back to the design team for changes, before your client reviews it.
If you received an email, it will look something like the one below. click on the View Proof button to take you directly to the proof.
Alternatively, you can access the proof using the GoProof website.
1. Login to GoProof
3. Click the Open button next to the proof that you want to review, before sending to your client.
4. Click on the Send button, and select one of the options from the menu.
There are two main options:
Reject the proof. You would choose this option if you are not ready to send this version of the proof to your client to review. Place your feedback on the proof and Click Reject, to send the proof back to your designer. Any comments you have placed on the proof will be sent to the designer to see.
Send, this is the option to use once you are ready to send the proof onto your client for review.
1. Click Send from the Done menu options.
2. The next screen allows you to invite your clients by entering their email address into the Invite Reviewers section. If the user has been sent a proof previously, then they may already be populated in the list.
3. Select your Clients role.
4. If your client is a Copy Editor, select the Copy Editor icon next to their name to give them Copy Editor permissions.
5. Optional extras include: Adding an Ad-Hoc message for this proof only. Enter a Subject and a Message. You can set a Deadline and Reminder. You can also enable Fast Sign Off or Make Confidential.
6. Click Send Proof.
That’s it! You have sent your proof to your client.