How do I edit proof text?
This article will assist the Copy Editor through editing a proof’s text.
In order to review a proof, you will need to have been invited to do so by a publisher. You will have received an email notification with a link embedded that will take you to the proof.
- Click on the View Proof button within the GoProof review email.
- The proof will automatically open in a web browser.
- On the green toolbar, click T icon
- The proof screen will split into two elements, the proof preview on the left and the editor window on the right.
- You can select a component by double clicking on the T icon on the preview or by expanding the component name in the story list.
- Make any required changes to the text.
- Once you have finished making changes, click Save.
That’s it! you have made text edit requests. The Proof’s Gatekeeper will need to send the proof back to the designer in order to implement the text changes.